KICKIN' CAJUN Seasoning
Why we love this blend?
Kickin' Cajun delivers the smokey warmth that typifies the ideal N’awlins cajun taste. One mouthful, and you’ll think you’re on Bourbon Street in N’awlins!
“Cajun” refers to the rustic cuisine of rural Louisiana that was developed by displaced French Canadians during their expulsion from British rule in the 1750's. Cajun food is characterized by simple French & Mediterranean style, one pot style dishes. Kickin' Cajun is the perfect blend of zesty, spicy, savory flavors that are sure to kick any dish up a delicious notch. It's more versatile than you'd think.
❖ Taste and Aroma Profile
This delicious blend has a bit of mild spiciness with just a bit of temperate heat that delights the palate, balanced with the aromatics of fragrant coriander, onion and garlic and the tastes of hearty oregano, sweet paprika and floral thyme. Saratoga Spicery Kickin' Cajun unveils all of the intensity of Cayenne pepper, whose characteristic zing envelops the taste buds in an explosion of flavors and tantalizing notes.
❖ How to Enjoy it
- This seasoning is so tasty and versatile that whether you do a lot of Cajun style cooking —gumbo or jambalaya— or not, you'll find many ways to enjoy it. It's the kind of spice blend that you can use on all kind of things that are not necessarily straight-ahead Cajun dishes.
- Use it as a dry rub (or moisten with olive oil) on fish, chicken, prawns or steaks.
- Adds a spicy zip to fresh crawfish, pork, kabobs, and burgers. In a pinch, Cajun seasoning adds a lot of flavor when you need it.
- Mix with extra virgin olive oil, brush over salmon, then grill.
- Mix with ground turkey breast or 90% lean ground beef, Dijon mustard, and finely chopped red onion for a jazzed up burger.
- Sprinkle over freshly popped popcorn. As with popcorn, Cajun seasoning adds a great extra bit of zip to a vehicle of butter and salt like croutons. You can also use it in the breadcrumbs on top of a pasta bake or casserole. Just stir in a bit along with the salt and oil, and toast the croutons up.
- Mix with Greek yogurt as a dip for veggies or baked potato topper. If you want a way to add some extra oomph to storebought creamy dips like ranch or blue cheese, a good way is to stir in Kickin' Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Combine with crabmeat and cream cheese for surprisingly delectable party food.
- Add to soups, vegetable, lentils or sprinkle over baked potatoes, gratins or grilled tomatoes.
- If you're making a Bloody Mary or a Michelada, try rimming the glass with Kickin' Cajun and salt for a fun twist on the familiar cocktail.
- You can use Kickin' Cajun as a blackening or all-purpose seasoning: Use about 1 tsp. per pound of meat.
- In addition, use as a sprinkle to liven up vegetables, rice and bean dishes, tofu, pasta, or salads.
- We also find it is great on all kinds of potatoes (baked, roasted, fries, etc), especially baked sweet potato fries.
- It's terrific scrambled into eggs for a spicy breakfast.
- It's delicious stirred into everything from hummus, queso, spinach artichoke dip, even guacamole.
- Make the best stovetop Mac and Cheese, just stirring an extra tablespoon or two of Kickin' Cajun.
- Mix it into a marinade, or rub it right on dry or with a little extra virgin olive oil, and it’s ready to go! It’s an easy way to spice up – literally – an ordinary vegetable or side dish!
- Make spiced cashews to serve with drinks. In a bowl mix one pound raw unsalted cashews, 1 egg white, half a cup sugar and 3 tablespoons Kickin' Cajun mix. Mix all together and then pour onto a baking tray. Bake in medium over until brown. Cool and then separate mixture — add a little sea salt to taste, (great also with almonds!).
For a great fajita marinade, mix together 1 tablespoon Kickin' Cajun seasoning, 2/3 cup vegetable oil and 1/3 cup lime juice or vinegar. Let your chicken, pork, flank or round steak marinate in the fridge overnight, then toss it in a hot cast-iron skillet and cook quickly until done. Serve with bell pepper, onion slices, flour tortillas and sour cream and guacamole for a tasty, easy meal.
We’ve combined a link with the old world herbs & spices of Greek oregano, delicate thyme and cumin with the new world spices of Hungarian paprika, fragrant coriander, cayenne pepper, bold Tellicherry black pepper, dehydrated organic garlic powder, minced onion, and pristine Himalayan pink crystal sea salt (Gourmet food grade), resulting in a perfectly balanced blend-with-a-kick. Our Kickin' Cajun is skillfully blended in small batches to ensure freshness.
❖ Recipe: Apricot Glazed Bacon Wrapped Cajun Pork Tenderloin
- 1½ pound Pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon Kickin' Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 strips bacon
- 3 Tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 Tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- Rub the pork tenderloin with the mixture of the Kickin' Cajun seasoning and brown sugar and wrap it up in the bacon.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium heat, add the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and cook until it is browned on all sides, about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a preheated 400°F/200°C oven, roast until the pork reaches 140°F/60°C, about 10-15 minutes, brushing on the mixture of the apricot preserves and mustard near the end before setting aside it to rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
════ ۞ ════
Non-Irradiated ★ Small Batch Blended
Freshness Dated ★ Best if used within 1 year of opening
Size: There are six options.
Dietary Restrictions: Gluten-Free, No MSG, Non-Dairy, Non-GMO, Kosher, Zero additives.
Easy to store, minimal foot print.
Oregano imported from Greece. Rosemary and Thyme from Spain. Nutmeg and Tellicherry Black Pepper imported from Western India and Himalayan Pink sea salt from Punjab region of Pakistan. Organic Garlic from California.
Hand-crafted in USA
════ ۞ ════
View full product details »